Sunday, May 3, 2015

POSH EATING

SHRIMP PO' BOY....

    Photo: Courtesy of Posh Pisces

I LOVE a tasty sandwich; however, vegetarian options are limited BUT since I'm not a hardcore vegan, I still opt to eat seafood. I decided to make a Shrimp Po' Boy...the results...fabulous...see my picture of the finished results above! I also made the tarter sauce from scratch. If you would like the recipe, see below:


STEP 1: Select a soft but delicious and fresh  sandwich roll from the bakery as your base foundation.

STEP 2: Wash and prep your shrimp. I used peel, deveined shrimp. Dry the shrimp with a paper towel to draw out the moisture from the water. 

STEP 3: Gather your seasoning. This depends on the type of seasoning you like. I used Old Bay seasoning, Black Pepper, Dried Oregano, Thyme and Adobo All Purpose Seasoning. Sprinkle the seasoning on the freshly cleansed shrimp and toss around in a ziploc bag. Next, coat the shrimp lightly with Zatarain's Shrimp Fri Seafood Breading Mix. 

STEP 4: Set the fryer and pour vegetable oil halfway, filling the fryer to the appropriate level (different fryers will vary). Drop each shrimp in the fryer for about five minutes. 

STEP 5: Take the shrimp out the fryer with a spatula and drain the shrimp on a paper towel. 

STEP 6: Make your tarter sauce. I used Hellman's Mayonnaise, pickles (diced), Black Pepper, Salt to taste and I diced onions. For a zesty taste, I squeezed fresh lemon and mixed the tarter. 

Enjoy!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment